FOODS THAT CAN HELP DETOX RADIATION OUT OF YOUR BODY

Blog #10

A Pet/CT Scan (Positron Emission Tomography)/(Computed Tomography) is a precise tool to detect and diagnose cancer, heart disease, or neurological diseases.  This kind of scan with the Pet and CT scan combined is an efficient tool in detecting cancer, two tools in one machine.

It is very important to eat the right foods, and to drink water  to detox the radiation out of your body.  Your doctor will give you a detailed check list of what you should do before receiving a Pet Scan.  The most important thing to do the day before is:

1.  Do not consume any SUGAR – also anything that can turn into sugar like, potatoes, rice, pasta, crackers, pretzels, etc.  Stay away from carbs.  Sugar is the primary food for cancer, when you omit the sugar you are starving the cancer cells.  One hour before your scan they will give you a contrast drink (Radioactive sugar), and the hungry cancer cells will attack the sugar and  the scan can pin point where the cancer is in your body.

2.  Eat a healthy high protein meal with lots of veggies

3.  Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water the day before and the day of your scan, by doing this the radiologist can better see what’s going on inside of your body.

4.  Wear comfortable, light weight clothing because you are going to have to lie still for 15-30 minutes.  If you move they may have to do the whole scan over, and you don’t want to risk getting more radiation then you bargained for.

5.  If you are claustrophobic, smell the sent vanilla, or Lavendar it can calm your nerves, do some deep breathing, close your eyes when your head is about to go in the scanner, think of something nice that can distract you.

6.  Don’t wear anything with metal in it, like a zipper or hair clips or and under wire bra.

7.  Ask the radiologist if they can pipe music in, and ask them for a count down to when you are almost done. Or you can ask if you can bring your cell phone in and play your own relaxing, calming music. When I go, my radiologist Scott, rolls in a table and puts my phone on that. I hope that everyone has a person like Scott when a Pet or Cat scan is needed, he is such a kind, caring guy!! Music can always heal your soul!

8.  Make sure that you are comfortable because you are going to have to lie still and you don’t want parts of your body falling asleep or in pain.

9.  Be prepared to be there for about 2 hours.

WHAT TO EAT AND DO AFTER YOUR SCAN

1.  Do not go or eat in public places, you are radioactive!  Stay away from pregnant people and children.

2.  Wash the clothes that your wore to the scan.

3.  Take a thorough shower

4.  Drink lots of water to flush the radiation out of your body

5.  Rest, you may feel light headed or nauseous

FOODS TO DETOX RADIATION

Apples – They are high in pectin, they can bind radioactive residues and remove them from the body.  Oranges and plums also contain pectin, but if you are fighting cancer, lay off of the oranges or use them in small quantities due to acid.

Foods that are rich in Chlorophyll –  it is used by plants to convert sunlight into energy.  Leafy greens, celery, parsley, bean sprouts and wheatgrass to name a few.  Spirlina and alfalfa can decrease radiation toxicity.

Garlic – It is high in sulfur, protects red blood cells from radiation.

Bee Pollen – Can reduce side effects.

Beets – Can rebuild hemoglobin after exposure to radiation and it cleans your blood.

Some more foods are:  Brown rice, kelp, seaweed, miso, rosemary, onions, ginger, and broccoli.

I hope that this information has helped anyone that has to have a scan.

Take care of your body and it will take care of you!

EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE,

CAROL

About these ads

18 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Pat
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 17:04:10

Thank you!

2. detox kuur
    Sep 08, 2013 @ 21:01:54

G’Day! Carol Knizek,
    Along the same lines,, Is the master cleanse more effective than a fruit detox or raw food cleanse? HAs anyone done either or variations and found it to be very beneficial to them? Thank you so much for your input. All the best.
    Keep up the posts!

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 09, 2013 @ 00:36:58

Good Day to you too Alice, I did some research on The Master Cleanse and if you are wanting to use it to loose weight, you can loose weight quickly on this cleanse. It is primarily a liquid diet consisting of drinking 6-12 glasses per day of lemonade drink. (Juice of lemons, maple syrup, water, and a small amt of cayenne pepper. You will also drink a herbal laxative and a salt water drink. I guess it really is up to you what kind of cleanse you want to do. I personally do an herbal cleanse, I actually buy a complete cleanse for women from Walmart. I think that it’s their brand, or you can search the internet for a natural herbal cleanse. I am currently doing Dr. Nelson’s naturopathic Colon Cleanse System 1 and Liver Forte. I had this left over from last year, I was over due for a cleanse. I have never tried a fruit or raw food cleanse. Hope that this helped you, Thanks for reading my posts, I appreciate you! You can also check me out on Youtube just type in “Healthyful”

Many Blessings,
      Carol

3. Ontgiften van het lichaam
    Sep 17, 2013 @ 00:01:10

Hi Carol Knizek,
    Thanks for that, Hey I am a college student and would love to start the Raw Food Detox diet, but as you can assume I am not that rich. I was wondering if there was a way I didnt have to pay for a book, but if not which one to buy? Also whats the cheapest way to buy these foods?
    Cheerio

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 17, 2013 @ 00:47:08

Hi Alice,

Well, I think that the best way to stay on a budget, and eat right would be to either buy the foods frozen in bulk. You would then be able to juice them. Do you know someone that has a Sams, or Costco card that you can go shopping with them. You will save money in the end because they are already frozen and you won’t have to keep buying the foods when they spoil. I personally don’t know which is the best detox book to get, there are so many on the market. There is a Beauty Detox by Lisa Drayer, and you can also go to your local library,google books on Raw Food Detox, and even Youtube. Be careful not to stay on that detox diet too long. I hope that this has helped you out!

Many Blessings,

Carol

4. kristine
    Feb 13, 2014 @ 00:04:39

Did you have a pet/ct or what is your interest in radiation detox?
    Just curious – have had one and very afraid of radiation induced cancer,
    interested in good sources if its possible to detox.

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 08, 2014 @ 03:04:27

Hi Kristine,

I have had about 4 PET scans already and they are scary! I have done everything that I have written here on my blog to flush the radiation out water, and eating a healthy, clean diet. I just hope and pray that their won’t be induced cancer down the road. Detoxing your body is very important, especially after A PET or CT scan.

Many Blessings,
      Carol

5. lia
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 08:23:58

Hi I was ordered a CT scan for my head which was very unnecessary for me to have. After I did this I was a bit worried so I read all online information which has put me in panic scared of the risks associated with it.. I am worried of my future. Can someone give me some advice?

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 08, 2014 @ 02:44:09

Hi There,

The internet can be a very scary place, when I was first found out that I had cancer, I searched the internet and it scared me to death!! So instead, I found a great naturopath, and started reading books on how to prevent cancer, reverse it, or slow it down. The best thing to do, if you have to get a scan is to drink plenty of water after to flush your body of the radiation, and eat the foods that I mentioned after the scan. Hope that this helps. Good Luck with everything!

Many Blessings,
      Carol

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 08, 2014 @ 03:00:32

Hi There,

I can understand about being worried about radiation, just keep eating a healthy, natural diet, eat the foods that I mentioned and drink plenty of water to flush out the radiation. I have had 4 PET scans, and I do the best I can by eating a healthy, clean diet.

Many Blessings,
      Carol

6. Lynda
    May 31, 2014 @ 01:43:24

Hi Carol,
    Its nice to know what can we do to keep our body clean as much as possible and keep it healthy. One thing I don’t see anything on the check list food like Costco Kirkland imported from Japan nylon teabag macha green tea? I’m wondering if this should be include? Would this reduce radiation as well? ( to keep breast healthy in check. )

Thank you!
    Lynda

7. popcornn
    May 31, 2014 @ 01:44:13

Hi Carol,

Thank you!
    Lynda

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 08, 2014 @ 02:55:49

Hi Lynda,

Yes, healthy, natural food is our medicine!! I think that Green tea is Awesome and it has so many great benefits!! I think that it would be good to reduce radiation and keep your body healthy! I drink a nice cup of green tea everyday, it gives me natural energy, and the benefits are Great!!

Many Blessings
      Carol

8. beforemybigbreak
    Sep 19, 2014 @ 02:49:21

Awesome! Thank you!

9. box.com
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 10:22:39

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times
    it’s tough too get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal.
    I must say you have done a great job with this.
    Additionally, tthe blog loads vdry fasst for me on Chrome.
    Exceptional Blog!

• Carol Knizek
      Sep 28, 2014 @ 19:14:04

Hi There,

Thanks so much!! I love this Theme, it’s simple and pretty, not too much going on. Also, thank you for your kind words about my blog!

Many Blessings,